Hey, nice to meet you!
I've been intrigued by technology for as long as I remember. I started immersing into the world of programming since I was 16 through an awesome online tutorial. With my curiosity still not satisfied, I took the following 2 years to study a range of IT topics on my spare time, including networking, security, databases and Windows Server administration.
PD: The quote at the beginning of this page was borrowed from one of my favourite bands: Scar Symmetry.
Here's some of what I've worked on over the years at the different companies I've worked for. This is, of course, not exhaustive, and I have also used other technologies on personal projects, so if you have any questions feel free to drop me an email.
- Research, create, and validate architectural solutions for varied problems, from IoT to HPC. Introduce documentation for architecture diagrams and their components.
- Design, document and implement a new architecture and migration plan for moving away from a Python Flask monolith application into ASP.NET Core microservices.
- Improve existing solutions by redesigning their deployment models for improved availability, reliability, scalability and security by using Azure native solutions.
- Improve development processes by introducing CI/CD patterns and pipelines using Azure DevOps.
- Introduce Infrastructure as Code (IaC) pipelines using Azure Bicep to reduce manual efforts and human error in deploying the infrastructure for several solutions across the company.
- Developed highly scalable solutions using containerized ASP.NET Core microservices.
- Designed and implemented several architectures using NServiceBus and AWS Lambdas, backed by SQS queues/SNS topics and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Developed multiple UI application features using Angular and NgRx, with testing at the unit, integration and end-to-end layers.
- Established multiple patterns within the clan and the wider tribe, such as for logging, middleware and Lambdas.
- Facilitated Agile retrospectives and provided several technical talks to the team, to demonstrate advanced C# features as well as automation and innovation introduced to the product.
- Participated in an agile CFT clan of 16 engineers along with Product and UX, applying Lean and Kanban.
- Participated in the development of over 15 solutions using C#, ASP.NET Core, .NET, and Angular 4+, both in Scrum teams with Test-Driven Development and traditional teams.
- Company leader for technical implementations using Azure services and different design patterns, including the use of Azure SQL and Azure Table Storage.
- Coached and trained junior developers in multiple Microsoft technologies.
- Architected the first public mobile application in the company and executed the project by managing 7 engineers using Xamarin, ASP.NET Core, Identity Server, RabbitMQ and Angular 7.
- Led multiple teams in different environments, gaining their trust through a technical standpoint.
- Proactively developed over 50 tools using C# and .NET to reduce time to solve tickets, one of them earning our team an award for reducing the time to solve a ticket from 2-hours to a couple of minutes.
- Participated in multiple teams to develop over 15 desktop and web applications using .NET technologies and provided training for 4 new hires in C# and .NET technologies.
I recently completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Technology Management at The Open University (2022). I achieved this by completing these modules:
The following are the certifications I've done over the years:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert (2023-2025)
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert (2023-2024)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Cosmos DB Developer Specialty (2023-2024)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate (2022-2024)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (2022-2024)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (2021-2024)
- Microsoft Exam 483: Programming in C# (2018)